Here’s a summary of what we have done, and are doing, to comply with the new COVID rules and recommendations:
- Everyone is required to wash their hands on arrival at the center, before leaving and when entering the classrooms. Hand sanitizer is available at entrances and exits.
- Parents must always wear masks in the building. Staff must wear masks in the classrooms whenever there is a parent or other adult in the classroom. When teachers are in the classrooms with just their teaching partner, they can decide when it is appropriate to wear masks.
- We FINALLY have our new sinks in the Busy Bee bathroom (but also accessible to Wobblies). There are two child sized hand-washing sinks, and an adult height utility sink!
- We have removed some tables and furniture to make play areas bigger and give children more options to play further apart
- Food is now plated by one person in each classroom and served by that same teacher.
- Children are no longer serving themselves, but they are still cleaning up after themselves.
- Children are seated in smaller groups, and further apart for meals, snacks and table activities
- Children’s extra clothes are now stored in individual backpack style bags, with their names on them. We have lots of extras if needed. (the same that busy bees was doing)
- Kids cubbies are now outside of the classroom (except for babies) and if their boxes are still inside, they have lids
- More toys and materials are in closed storage, outside of the classroom, so that toys on the shelves and in kids reach can be more easily swapped out and sanitized,
- The library and puzzle storage has also been expanded so that more of it is kept out of the classrooms
- There is a portable sink, for outdoor hand washing for adults and children
- Hand sanitizer is in a few places on the playground, but out of reach of the children
- We have portable partitions that can be used, if needed to separate the groups a bit more, particularly if babies and bigger kids are outside at the same time
- More outdoor storage has been added so that toys can be brought out for a specific group of children, instead of all the balls/hoops/care, being accessible to everyone
- We now have an outdoor water dispenser and paper cups, as well as individual labeled kid water bottles.
As of June 15th, 2021, our group sizes and staffing have reverted back to their pre-COVID 19 state, in accordance with government policy changes.
The complete compilation of updates sent to SJCC staff and family members relating to the COVID 19 pandemic can be accessed at the link below